Breast augmentation is one of the most popular cosmetic procedures that can help many women achieve the look that they desire. Whether you’re choosing to add volume to your breasts, lift them higher on the chest, or combine both procedures, it is important to understand that breast augmentation is not a one-time procedure and requires regular maintenance to ensure the best results.
How You Can Maintain Your Breast Augmentation Results
While breast implants are not considered a “lifetime device,” results usually last up to 20 years with proper maintenance and care. Breast augmentation maintenance is key for long-lasting results. Some general tips to maintain your results include:
- Follow doctor’s orders: After your breast augmentation, your surgeon will provide you with detailed instructions on how to care for your breasts. It is important to follow these instructions closely to ensure that you heal properly and that your implants remain in the correct position. It is also crucial to attend your follow-up appointments to allow your surgeon to check for any leaks or damage.
- Wear a supportive bra: Wearing a supportive bra can help to keep your implants in place and prevent them from shifting or sagging. It is important to wear a bra that fits properly and provides adequate support.
- Avoid strenuous activities: It is important to avoid activities that could cause trauma to your breasts, such as high-impact sports or lifting heavy objects.
- Monitor your breasts for changes: It is important to monitor your breasts for any changes in size, shape, or texture. This is best achieved by performing regular massages. If you notice any changes, contact your surgeon right away. In addition, you should have regular screenings according to FDA guidelines to spot any potential concerns with your breast implants.
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle: Eating a balanced diet and exercising regularly is one of the key ingredients to breast implant maintenance, allowing your breasts to maintain their size and shape.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that your breast augmentation results remain beautiful and long-lasting. If you have any questions or concerns, be sure to contact your board-certified plastic surgeon.