5 Plastic Surgery Procedures that Pair Perfectly with Liposuction
- Tummy Tuck Combining a tummy tuck with liposuction a very common joint plastic surgery because of the unique ways that each individual procedure can help to shape your body. A tummy tuck, also called abdominoplasty, can be an excellent body contouring tool for women and men who want to tighten or get rid of excess skin and loose muscle tissue in their abdominal area. This is why many people choose to have a tummy tuck after losing a significant amount of weight or having a baby, as these events can create loose skin and muscle tissue. This procedure does have its limits, though. While a tummy tuck can be very effective at tightening loose skin and muscle, it can’t address stubborn pockets of fat that just don’t seem to go away with diet and exercise alone. For some people, stubborn belly fat, love handles and saddle bags are a result of the way that their bodies are genetically predisposed to carry fat, so, unfortunately, there is no way to target fat loss in just these areas. If this is the case for you and sagging skin and excess fat around your belly, waist or hips are your main concerns, including liposuction with your tummy tuck could be the best solution for you. Keep in mind, though, that before opting for a tummy tuck and lipo combination, you’ll want to reach your weight loss goals first in order to get the most out of your plastic surgery.
- Mommy Makeover After having completed their families, many women find that it’s nearly impossible to get their pre-baby bodies back just by eating right and exercising regularly. This is because many changes that women’s bodies undergo during and after pregnancy and breastfeeding simply can’t be addressed through traditional weight loss methods. When this is the case, a mommy makeover procedure can help you to get your old curves back so you can look and feel more like yourself. One of the biggest benefits of opting for this plastic surgery is that you can include any individual procedures that you want in one mommy makeover surgery, which also means that there is only one recovery period. By far, liposuction is one of the most common procedures to include in a mommy makeover because it can help to contour so many different areas. In addition to liposuction, many women add a tummy tuck, breast implants and a breast lift to their mommy makeover to address the common trouble spots after pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Arm Lift Brachioplasty, more commonly referred to as an arm lift, is a specific body contouring procedure that can eliminate loose or hanging skin from your upper arms. If you’ve lost a significant amount of weight, you might consider getting an arm lift to help you achieve a fitter, more toned look and to enhance the underlying muscle contouring of your arms. In most cases, your arm lift will include liposuction to simultaneously address any stubborn fatty tissue that could keep you from getting the smooth, sleek results you’re looking for.
- Breast Reduction Breast reduction surgery can help to alleviate back, neck and shoulder pain caused by overly large breasts, as well as help your clothes to fit better and boost your self-confidence. This procedure typically includes liposuction to help remove excess fatty tissue and reshape your breasts for an aesthetically appealing shape and size that stays in balance with your natural body proportions. In addition to liposuction, a breast reduction also generally involves removing glandular tissue and excess skin to complete your new look. In some cases, a breast lift could also be added to readjust the position of your nipples to better fit your new breast size. Depending on your unique needs and goals, liposuction alone may be enough to reduce the size of your breasts without a more involved reduction surgery. But because not every woman is going to be an ideal candidate for this variation, it’s best to discuss your options with your plastic surgeon to determine which method might be right for you.
- Breast Augmentation One of the top goals for many women who opt for a breast augmentation is to get that classic hourglass figure. This shape is often so desirable because it can be very natural-looking and balanced, which is what a properly performed breast enhancement procedure should be able to achieve. For many women, adding liposuction to their breast augmentation can be a great way to highlight their natural curves even further and really bring out that hourglass shape. To do this, your plastic surgeon will first perform a thorough assessment of your body shape and anatomy. Then, he or she can recommend the right size, placement and profile of implant to complement your natural features. As part of your breast surgery, your plastic surgeon can use liposuction to subtly contour your waist, hips or other trouble spots that could be difficult to reshape on your own. The result is a smooth, sexy hourglass figure that can be achieved in one single procedure, therefore reducing your recovery time.
Mommy Makeover: What Is on Your Mothers Day Wish List?
You have fallen in love with your little one, however, your after-baby body is not as easy to love. For many mothers, the changes that their body experiences during pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding prevents them from feeling comfortable and confident in their appearance. In hopes of restoring their figure, mothers come to Pacifica Center seeking the expertise of Dr. Kolder and Dr. Improta.
While certain of how they want to look, many mothers are uncertain as to how to go about and achieve their desired appearance. Fortunately, Dr. Kolder is able to tailor your Mommy Makeover to your body’s unique needs as well as your individual goals.
What Is the Right Procedure for You?
Through a collection of procedures, a Mommy Makeover enhances a womans physique after childbirth. As the breasts and the midsection are bound to take the brunt of childbearing, a Mommy Makeover often couples breast enhancement with a tummy-focused body contouring procedure.
Pregnancy, breastfeeding, and weight fluctuation can lead to a change in a mother’s breasts. Dr. Kolder is able to restore the appearance of a woman’s breasts through an augmentation, a lift, or a reduction.
Breast Augmentation: Women who experience significant volume loss can greatly benefit from breast augmentation. By adding an implant, not only is volume restored, but the breast size, shape, and proportion are also improved.
Breast Lift: Troubled by their now sagging breasts, many women want to re-elevate their breasts. By removing excess skin and tightening the underlying breast tissue and muscles, a breast lift is able to seemingly “lift” the breasts to a higher and better supported position allowing them a naturally youthful and perky appearance.
Breast Reduction: Just as pregnancy can cause breast tissue to shrink, it can also cause it to enlarge. In these cases, a woman may opt to reduce the size of her breasts through breast reduction surgery.
Often performed together, tummy tuck surgery and liposuction can reshape your after-baby body.
Tummy Tuck: To accommodate the baby, your stomach had to stretch a substantial amount often beyond its ability to naturally snap back. Left with excess skin, stretch marks, and loose muscles, a taut tummy is hard to achieve without surgical assistance. A Tummy Tuck (or, abdominoplasty) removes any extra skin and tightens the underlying muscles that may have stretched throughout your pregnancy.
Liposuction: During pregnancy, hormonal changes can cause localized fat pockets to form. A relief for many mothers, liposuction permanently removes these stubborn fat deposits leaving you with a lean and smooth figure.
A Mommy Makeover Just for You!
While addressing problems shared by many mothers, each Mommy Makeover is unique as the mom herself. Working closely with you, Dr. Kolder will determine what combination of procedures best address your needs.
Ultimately, our goal at Pacifica Center is to restore more than just your body we want to renew your self-confidence. Please schedule a consultation with Dr. Kolder to learn how a Mommy Makeover can.